Powerlink Services - Richardson Electronics
Repair and Servicing
We aim to provide typically a 2 week turnaround on standard repairs subject to the availability of parts but can carry out urgent emergency repairs immediately when necessary. A typical repair process would include:
- Inspection on delivery
- Investigation and repair of fault down to component level where appropriate including carrying out any factory recommended modification or upgrades
- Post repair soak test of at least 24 hours or longer if necessary
- RF performance verification tests
- Special function test when required
- Electrical safety test
- Pressure test of sealed units to ensure integrity of weatherproofing seals
- Cleaning, including heatsinks and filters
- Repacking appropriately for return shipment
Our specialist knowledge and skills provide an unparalleled and invaluable service to those in the SATCOM industry. Particular areas of expertise include Traveling wave tube amplifiers (TWTA), Solid state power amplifiers (SSPA), RF and Microwave systems at L-Band, C-Band, DBS-Band, Ku-Band, Ka-Band and X-Band, High voltage power supplies, Traveling wave tubes (TWT), SATCOM controllers, Instrumentation amplifiers, Satellite news gathering (SNG) Trucks and Block Upconverters (BUC).
We have extensive experience of a wide variety of manufacturers including:
- Comtech Xicom Technology
- E2V / EEV (now Spacepath)
We can provide regular scheduled systems maintenance tailored to your precise system requirements.
On site work
If equipment cannot be sent to us for repair (our preferred option) we can provide on-site support for repair and maintenance.
Through Richardson, Powerlink provides service and repair for driver stages used in TRUMPF® laser machines.
Through Richardson, Powerlink provides service and repair for RF amplifiers used on Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines.